Pages

Welcome! This is The Review, my review on YA books that I have read. I try to Blog on every book I read after I read them and I read as fast as I can but it takes me a while to read a book if it's long. I use books to escape and I hope you can escape into books yourself because it's the best place to be for me, even though most of the books I read are quite dark. Just warning you. Leave comments!

Monday 2 April 2012

The Hunger Games Movie

I would like to start this blog by apologising to you, my loyal 8 followers, I know I promised you more Blogs but things came up, like once in a lifetimes things so I had to seize them. But I am going to state now, that I will try better at Blogging to you, its not a promise but it is a half assed commitment.
Now on with the Review:

Plot:
Set in a dystopian future, the totalitarian nation of Panem is divided between 12 districts and the Capitol. Each year two young representatives from each district are selected by lottery to participate in The Hunger Games. Part entertainment, part brutal retribution for a past rebellion, the televised games are broadcast throughout Panem. The 24 participants are forced to eliminate their competitors while the citizens of Panem are required to watch. When 16-year-old Katniss's young sister, Prim, is selected as District 12's female representative, Katniss volunteers to take her place. She and her male counterpart Peeta, are pitted against bigger, stronger representatives who have trained for this their whole lives.
Written By Suzanne Collins

Cast:
Katniss Everdeen - Jennifer Lawrence 
Peeta Mellark      - Josh Hutcherson
Gale Hawthorne  - Liam Hemsworth

Review:
Okay, not many films do the book justice, well execpt Breaking Dawn because both the book and the film were crap. But this films was a credit to Suzanne Collins epic dystopiad and hopefully this film will spark more writers to go in that direction, I know my writing has definatly taken that turn.This film showed the dictatorship of Panem brilliantly, the choice of President Snow was amazing and the way it was filmed was extrodinary.
However they missed out some key bits and added extra scenes, which I don't mind. I liked how Seneca Crane was depicted (loving the fanciful beard) and how he ran The Games. I liked the look on Gales face when Peeta and Katniss started making out. TEAM PEETA. It was inspired.
Jennifer Lawrence played the role of Katniss perfectly. I was even drawn to the character, when the day before I was listing the wrongs of Katniss Everdeen to my friend Ciara. Josh Hutcherson was looking fine as he played the amazing character of Peeta Mellark.
So I round off this Blog saying: **** for The Hunger Games

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the film pretty much stayed true to the novel and I loved it! (:

    ReplyDelete