Pages

Welcome! This is The Review, my review on YA books that I have read. I try to Blog on every book I read after I read them and I read as fast as I can but it takes me a while to read a book if it's long. I use books to escape and I hope you can escape into books yourself because it's the best place to be for me, even though most of the books I read are quite dark. Just warning you. Leave comments!

Friday 17 June 2011

Movie Review: Corpse Bride

Synopsis:
Set back in the late 1800s in a Victorian village, a man and woman by the names of Victor Van Dort and Victoria Everglot are betrothed because the Everglots need the money or else they'll be living on the streets and the Van Dorts want to be hight in society. But when things go wrong at the wedding rehearsal, Victor goes into the woods to practice his vows. Just as soon as he gets them right, he finds himself married to Emily, the corpse bride. While Victoria waits on the other side, there's a rich newcomer that may take Victor's place. So two brides, one groom, who will Victor pick?


Directors: Tim Burton and Mike Johnson
Victor: Johnny Depp
Emily (Corpse Bride): Helena Bonham Carter
Victoria: Emily Watson
Bonejangles: Danny Elfman

Review:
Childhood favourite. I loved this film when I was younger and I still love it now. I love the character of Victor because he is just nervous about pleasing his wife to be and then he accidently promises to marry a dead woman. He is so adorably clumsy but he is also trustworthy, even if he may not want to keep the promise. And I love the hopeless romantacism of Emily because even after the love of her life killed her for her money, she still believes that her true love will find her. But my all time favourite character in the Tim Burton films is Bonejangles, the jazz singing skeleton, who I love. 
Tim Burton has to be my favourite Director because he does such dark films but he tones it down in some instances, like for the kids films, like Corpse Bride but I still like it because it is romantic and a musical and about dead people. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment