Pages

Welcome! This is The Review, my review on YA books that I have read. I try to Blog on every book I read after I read them and I read as fast as I can but it takes me a while to read a book if it's long. I use books to escape and I hope you can escape into books yourself because it's the best place to be for me, even though most of the books I read are quite dark. Just warning you. Leave comments!

Saturday 30 April 2011

Movie Review: Beastly


Synopsis:
A modern-day take on the "Beauty and the Beast" tale where a New York teen is transformed into a hideous monster in order to find true love. 

Director: Daniel Barnz
Kyle: Alex Pettyfer
Kendra: Mary-Kate Olsen
Lindy: Vanessa Hudgens
Will: Neil Patrick Harris










Review:
A modern day take on one of my favourite fairy tales of all time. Kyle was horrible and vain (and very very good looking) and a witch named Kendra turns him into what he is on the inside. He has to find one person to love him. He's a good character, so is Kendra because she isn't a bad person, she wants him to see what it is like to be ugly so he gets a conscience. Lindy is too because she doesn't run or stare at him. But I have to say my favourite character (and Ciaras (who I went to see it with and is now sitting next to me watching Dr. Who with me)) is Will, the sarcastic blind tutor who gives good advice in weird packages.
So if I were to give it a rating out of five: I would give it a 4 1/2 because I think it needed more of Will and Alex Pettyfer shirtless doing pull ups. 
I haven't read the book but I am considering it after watching the film.

1 comment: