Pages

Welcome! This is The Review, my review on YA books that I have read. I try to Blog on every book I read after I read them and I read as fast as I can but it takes me a while to read a book if it's long. I use books to escape and I hope you can escape into books yourself because it's the best place to be for me, even though most of the books I read are quite dark. Just warning you. Leave comments!

Wednesday 18 May 2011

The Dark Elite: Firespell by Chloe Neil

Blurb:
As the new girl at the elite St. Sophia’s boarding school, Lily Parker thinks her classmates are the most monstrous things she’ll have to face…
When Lily’s guardians decided to send her away to a fancy boarding school in Chicago, she was shocked. So was St. Sophia’s. Lily’s ultra-rich brat pack classmates think Lily should be the punchline to every joke, and on top of that, she’s hearing strange noises and seeing bizarre things in the shadows of the creepy building.
The only thing keeping her sane is her roommate, Scout, but even Scout’s a little weird—she keeps disappearing late at night and won’t tell Lily where she’s been. But when a prank leaves Lily trapped in the catacombs beneath the school, Lily finds Scout running from a real monster.
Scout’s a member of a splinter group of rebel teens with unique magical talents, who’ve sworn to protect the city against demons, vampires, and Reapers, magic users who’ve been corrupted by their power. And when Lily finds herself in the line of a firespell, Scout tells her the truth about her secret life, even though Lily has no powers of her own—at least none that she’s discovered yet…

Review: 
This book really appealed to me on the blurb. I didn't read any reviews to start with and I bought it because I had the money to buy it that day. And to be perfectly honest, I'm glad I didn't get the second book.
It had a good plot but it wasn't funny, and it wasn't exciting to start with. So it took me like a week to read because I only read a couple of chapters a day. I mean, the plot was okay but I like lots of guns and swords and shirtless boys. I got Zilch of this. But this is totally my opinion.
The characters were somehow believeable. The only character I really liked was Scout because she was a little funnier than the others.
All in all, it didn't get my heart racing neither did it keep me on my toes. I give it a 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment