Pages

Welcome! This is The Review, my review on YA books that I have read. I try to Blog on every book I read after I read them and I read as fast as I can but it takes me a while to read a book if it's long. I use books to escape and I hope you can escape into books yourself because it's the best place to be for me, even though most of the books I read are quite dark. Just warning you. Leave comments!

Saturday 14 May 2011

Fallen: Torment by Lauren Kate

Blurb:
Hell on earth. That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel. It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts - immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students -Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.
At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something - something dangerous. What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?


Review:
Okay, the idea of Fallen Angels really appeals to me. I mean, falling from heaven, Gods good grace because you fall in love with a human. It really brings the falling to falling in love.
The book is about how Lucinda (Luce) is coping with finding out that all her past lives have been ended at the age of seventeen because Daniel has kissed her. He waits for her for seventeen years, the strond bond pulls them together everytime. After spending time at the Sword & Cross school after being accused of killing her first kiss Trevor and where she first met Daniel, she is sent to Shorline, a school of Nephilim (as it says in the blurb, angel and human offspring). There is a battle coming but no one is telling her what is going on.
I love the character of Luce, she is strong and knows what she wants. She doesn't comply to the boundaries that Daniel has given her to keep her safe, and I found that about hewr a bit reckless because, well, you could kind of see what was coming and its like the horror film moment when you are screaming for them to not open the door because the murderer is behind it. Daniel is a very loving and protective of Luce and I find that incredibly sweet. 
I really great read. Gripping, and I was unable to put it down! The one thing that I could put down on this book is that some parts were a bit slow at the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment