Pages

Welcome! This is The Review, my review on YA books that I have read. I try to Blog on every book I read after I read them and I read as fast as I can but it takes me a while to read a book if it's long. I use books to escape and I hope you can escape into books yourself because it's the best place to be for me, even though most of the books I read are quite dark. Just warning you. Leave comments!

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Touch Novels: Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz


Blurb:
Some secrets shouldn't be kept... Up until three months ago, everything in sixteen-year-old Camelia's life had been fairly ordinary: decent grades; an okay relationship with her parents; and a pretty cool part-time job at the art studio downtown. But when Ben, the mysterious new guy, starts junior year at her high school, Camelia's life becomes anything but ordinary.
Rumored to be somehow responsible for his ex-girlfriend's accidental death, Ben is immediately ostracized by everyone on campus. Except for Camelia. She's reluctant to believe the rumors, even when her friends try to convince her otherwise. She's inexplicably drawn to Ben...and to his touch. But soon, Camelia is receiving eerie phone calls and strange packages with threatening notes. Ben insists she is in danger, and that he can help--but can he be trusted? She knows he's hiding something... but he's not the only one with a secret.

Review:
One word. Creepy. This book is told from two points of view. One in a diary and the second in from the view of Camelia. The diary is from an unknown source and I was scared. Actually scared. I may not have slept until I finished the book.
This book has you second guessing throughout. Is it him? Is it her? What the hell is gonna happen? How far does this diary person go? And who the hell is it?
Then Ben comes along. He saved her from being hit by a car. Then denys it. Then he's hot and cold with her. What is he hiding from her?
This book had a fantastic plot that gave kept me guessing what was going to happen next. I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment